Tuesday 6 May 2014

Supporting local shops at Cemetery Junction: Junction Grocery

With news that Tesco is coming to Cemetery Junction I have been working with other residents to raise the profile of some of the local shops. Here is an interview that we did with Junction Grocery. Please support your local shops.

Man from Junction Groceries

Q. What is your name and shop called?

A. Man Gurung and my shop is Junction Grocery, in between the barbers and post office at Cemetery Junction

Q. How long have you been here?

A. 5 years

q. How did you become a shopkeeper?

a. I was a security officer before and I worked in the army. I wanted to start my own business and here I am now with Junction Groceries.

q. What do you sell?

a. Asian food (fresh, tinned, dried), alcohol, and general groceries

q. Where do you get your produce?

a. I get the food from the local area. As well as from London Wholesale. I also get the products from Nepal and India.

q. What is the most unusual product you sell?

a. I sell lots of Asian food. Some of the Korean food is unusual. Plus the products from Nepal are different. The bitter gourd, which looks like a green knobbly courgette is a bit different and very good for you too! To keep the vegetables fresh they are right at the back of the shop in the cool area.

q. What are your customers like that enter your shop?

a. Most of them are happy with the shop and friendly. They come here because it is convenient for them.

q. How do you feel about Tesco coming to cemetery junction?

a. The new Tesco’s will take away some of my customers. However most of the products I sell you cannot find in Tesco. Coriander for example, I sell it at 69p per bunch. You won’t find anything like that at Tesco!

JUNCTION GROCERY 207B LONDON ROAD 0118 926 9566

STOP IN FOR A GREAT RANGE OF FRESH AND DIVERSE PRODUCE

No comments: