Monday 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas and a happy – clean-shaven – New Year

With the economy flatlining, unemployment high and many people worrying about cuts to benefits, this year has been a pretty tough one for lots of people.

But I still have hope that things can be improved. My hope is fuelled by the little acts of kindness, such as the Pakistani community centre Christmas lunch, which brought a diverse section of the community together in a positive way. It might take a few years – and a bit of hard work – for things to start get better, but I'm sure through working together we can do it.

For me Christmas is about people. I have caught up with lots of friends over the festive period and will be going to see my family in Congleton, Cheshire before the year is out.

As one or two people have commented I still have my Movember – where men grow a moustache to raise awareness of men's health issues – moustache. My plan, after seeing one of the Movember promotional videos is to get a photo of my dad and I both with moustaches. Then I will shave it off.

So, merry Christmas and happy New Year.

No comments: