September has been a busy month. Schools have gone back so I am helping with the crossing patrol again and Council meetings are back in full swing.
Council meetings and briefings -- 9
Surgeries -- 1 stationery and 2 walkabout
School governor meetings -- 2
Community meetings and events -- 9
Enquiries and requests for repairs from residents -- 57
Some of our action:
· continued to support Reading parents in their fight against unfair changes to the Maiden Erlegh catchment area
· carried on working to protect our public services from damaging cuts
· put pressure on Tesco to fix its fence and end the nuisance of trolleys littering the streets and river
Some of our results:
· got the Council to look into 20 mph speed limits in residential areas
· as usual I got countless instances of fly tipping cleared, trolleys collected, graffiti cleaned, pram crossings installed and residents' questions answered.
· None claimed.
Gifts to declare -- over the value of £25:
My interests are published on Reading Borough Council's website.
Monthly councillor allowance (pay) before deductions: £685.08