July was another busy month. I am now starting to get into the swing of things though. At the moment casework is taking up the majority of my time, but I am still managing to get along to lots of community events. Although for the first time in a few years I missed both the Alfred Sutton and Newtown summer fairs as I was away at a Association of Green Councillors training event in Sheffield.
Council meetings – 1
Surgeries – 1 stationery and 4 walkabout
Governor meetings – 1
Community meetings and events – 16
Enquiries and requests for repairs from residents – 91
Some of our action:
· Continued our campaign against landlords charging tenants unfairly
· Continued to tackle issues on a case-by-case basis
· Worked towards defending our public services from devastating cuts
Some of our results:
· Got graffiti, trolleys and fly tipping cleared across the ward
· Got the council to take action against people parking on the pavement, and blocking it, at the bottom of Eastern Avenue
· Helped residents get a better night's sleep in the Wokingham Road area by stopping take-aways from operating beyond their licensed hours
· None claimed.