Wednesday 18 March 2009

RESCUE weekend

I had a good RESCUE weekend. On the Saturday I helped Newtown GLOBE and residents clear one of the alleys at the top of Cumberland Road. We must of cleared about a skips worth of fly tipped waste!

In the afternoon I paid a visit to the group who were painting a mural in the Avon Place playground -- a seascape. It was looking great and I keep meaning to go back to see the finished product.

On the Sunday I helped a resident clear some of the fly tipped waste out of the alley between Church Road and Wokingham Road. Despite a bit of publicity it was just the two of us, but we still made some progress.

It would be good to have a Autumn RESCUE in future -- which the council has talked about before. I will definitely be trying to get more groups to take part of next time.

No comments: