Tuesday 8 December 2009

Battery recycling at Alfred Sutton school

In recent months, I have been working with GLOBE -- Go Local On a Better Environment -- groups in Reading on battery recycling. Recently, Alfred Sutton -- where I am a governor and do my crossing patrol duty -- agreed to have a battery recycling point in the reception area. A week after it had been put in place I was disappointed to see only a few batteries in the bottom of the container. However when I enquired about this I was told it had already been emptied a number of times! Yesterday I did a brief talk at assembly on battery recycling which went down well, and a quick show of hands informed me that a good percentage of the children had already brought some batteries in.

Well done GLOBE and everyone at the school who helped make this happen especially the school council.

No comments: