Below is the briefing I recently received on the end of University term tidy up programme – to try and keep the area clean and tidy as students move out. As always, let me know how it goes in your road.
University Clearance Programme 2014
Refuse and recycling collections
The university summer term ends Friday 4th July 2014
Domestic waste (extra bags) will be collected –
W/commencing th June 2014
W/commencing 23rd June 2014
Recycling waste (extra in clear bags or cardboard boxes) will be collected
W/commencing 16th June 2014
W/commencing 30th June 2014
- Crews will collect approximately 2 extra domestic or recycling in clear bags or cardboard boxes adjacent to bins throughout a build up period on the relevant week, in the lead up to a single Saturday collection by three rcv’s.
- It is anticipated that the majority of bagged domestic waste not collected during the preceding weeks will be presented in front gardens for collection on Saturday 5th July. Therefore, Waste operations staff will collect all bagged waste from the area on this extra date.
- Any complaints or councillor enquiries received by Streetcare Admin will be resolved using the normal complaints / enquiry procedure.
- As in previous years, no bulky waste collections will be made by Waste Operation staff. These are available to residents and landlords on request at a cost. Streetcare Environment Team to deliver Bulky Waste leaflets once students have vacated properties in known student areas.
- Environmental Wardens will have previously visited various areas and have written to occupiers regarding items found in front gardens.
- Environmental Wardens will be tasked to knock on known student properties if possible to ensure as much household waste is presented in good time ahead of scheduled refuse collection each week.
- Streetcare Environment Team to monitor properties after students move out to ensure landlords remove and dispose of appropriately bulky items and waste from gardens.