The council has been reasonably quiet over the summer, with fewer meetings than usual -- I even had a chance to go on holiday to Henley. We have continued to work hard on the doorstep helping people with issues of concern. I also attended a Pakistan flood fundraiser and a Ramadan Iftar meal. Lately I have also been helping parents fight against unfair changes to the Maiden Erlegh catchment area.
Council meetings and briefings -- 3
Surgeries -- 1 stationery and 2 walkabout
School governor meetings -- 0
Community meetings and events -- 4
Enquiries and requests for repairs from residents -- 79
Some of our action:
· continued to campaign against unfair charges faced by tenants
· fought against sleaze within the Council
· campaigned against cuts which will affect school places in Newtown.
Some of our results:
· pressured the Council into looking at more 20 mph speed limits for Reading
· as usual I got countless instances of fly tipping cleared, trolleys collected, graffiti cleaned, pram crossings installed and residents' questions answered.
· None claimed.
Gifts to declare -- over the value of £25:
My interests are published on Reading Borough Council's website.
Monthly councillor allowance (pay) before deductions: £685.08