Good outcomes on walking and cycling facility improvements in East Reading so far, more to come:
"Dear Steering Group Members
Please see below an update on progress with delivery of the pedestrian and cycle schemes as agreed at the Eastern Area Steering Group meeting in June.
· The two pedestrian refuge islands on Redlands Road (near to the junctions with Acacia Road and Addington Road) have been installed and the resurfacing works are scheduled for the end of the month.
· Implementation of the zebra crossing on Redlands Road, to be positioned between the junctions with Morgan Road and Redlands Road, is due to commence at the end of this week and will be completed once the resurfacing has been undertaken. Consultation with local residents directly affected by the scheme has resulted in the crossing being repositioned further north, closer to the junction with Morgan Road.
· Implementation of dropped kerbs and associated works in Craven Road, to form a pedestrian refuge island to the north of the junction with Erleigh Road, is planned for September.
· Implementation of the advisory cycle lanes on Southampton Street and Silver Street is planned for September.
· The procurement process to appoint a contractor to undertake the substantial works at Cemetery Junction and London Road is currently being progressed, with works scheduled to commence in November."